Sunday, August 1, 2010

Tip of the Day- The best places for Coffee around Irvine, ca ( Repost)

Okay, I admit it. I am a Caffeine Junkie! I do not drink sweet drinks of any kind and I don't drink soda but I love coffee and tea!
The best coffee I have found in this area-

Best latte- Kean's Coffee on Main St. and Newport Ave in Tustin, ca. Kean's latte is not only delicious but beautiful. Each latte has a beautiful heart or leaf pattern poured right into the foam! Now that is talent!

Best iced coffee- Pete's Coffee, I sprinkle a little cocoa powder, cinnamon and a splash of half and half. Very smooth taste. Not bitter at all. I have just been informed that 85 degrees Celsius makes a mean sweetened iced coffee ( Sea Salt Iced Coffee). I haven't tried it but it got rave revues!

Best Coffee and Bread- (Hot sweet Taiwanese breads served throughout the day)
85 degrees Celsius in Diamond Center, Irvine. Alton/ Jamboree Irvine.

Best Beans for coffee-
Javatini on Sunflower/ Main in Irvine.
I love their espresso blend roasted at a number 6 ( you pick the beans and how dark you want it roasted and they will pour you a free cup of coffee while you wait the 15 minutes to roast it) but the last time I bought some the manager said the roaster was causing problems. I must agree. I bought some and they were not as good as usual. I hope they fix their problem soon!

Honorable Mention
Good ol' Starbucks- Most people will agree that Starbucks coffee is not very good but they are convenient. They have great espresso so their lattes are good but I alway have to add a shot or two to make it strong enough. Register a Starbucks gift card online and continue to put money on it. As you use your card, Starbucks will keep track for you online and after 5, 15 and 30 separate purchases you will get freebies! I am at 30+ stars and I get free soy milk, flavored syrups and other things. I also get a free any size drink for every 15 stars I get! I'm there anyway, I might as well get something free!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beck.
    I thoroughly enjoyed having coffee with you today at Keans and you're right - the artwork on the latte was beautiful and amazing that it lasts throughout the whole cup of coffee. How do they do that? I will try the Peet's iced coffee tomorrow. I'll miss you, but at least I won't have to argue with anyone about who's picking up the tab!! Thanks for the coffee advice.

    ReplyDelete