Thursday, July 29, 2010

Introduction to healthy eating lifestyle change

As I am getting started and learning how to blog about this experience for the first time please be patient. There is going to be some repetitive information in the entries so I apologize in advance.

So many people have asked me how I lost 80 pounds in about ten months and the answer comes as a surprise to most.

I had been over weight for as long as I can remember so I will call it my whole life. Two years ago I was at my heaviest weighing 200 pounds at 5’1”. I had lots of overwhelming issues going on in my life so my focus was not on dieting. In fact, I had decided never to go on a diet again. I did not have the will to stay on a diet. I would start a diet and one hour later I had to have something I was craving like a hot fudge sundae or tacos. My husband was a co-dependent to my compulsive eating and would often succumb to my requests for fast food and ice cream in the middle of the night. My sister is an amazing dieter, having lost and gained many pounds. My husband’s family has some incredible dieters, also. I was not a successful dieter, to say the least. Every new blog entry will give insight to healthier eating and weight loss. The next blog entry will ease you into the start of your new healthy eating and the lose of cravings. I hope to read about how this lifestyle change works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment