Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Getting ready for a lifestyle change

For all of you who are interested in how I lost weight, here is the first step.
1. If you are an emotional eater of ANY kind, seek therapy! By this I mean Social Walking or exercising, daily or weekly visiting with a friend, daily or weekly pampering (pedicure, massage etc...), a daily hobby (other than eating!), or seeing a therapist that you enjoy and trust. Even if you don't ever mention eating or weight (I rarely did), this step is extremely important!

Social Walking- This is my preferred form of exercise. This is my daily walk with my neighbor, friend or my Ipod. At least once a week if not more this walk includes a stop for breakfast or coffee.
Don't be concerned with how fast or far you walk. I will talk more about Social Walking in step 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment